Friday, May 24, 2013
He went through the original text and carefully recreated the equipment required to specifications, and then performed the angelic conjurations. It's definitely an interesting read, and you should totally check it out if you've read my Modern Angelic Grimoire or Planetary Gates series. It shows another magician's take on a text that will be familiar to you, and how others interpret the work.
The meticulous work he puts into crafting his tools alone is worth the price of this book. I use an ebony wand he created for me, and it's got a really nice kick to it. Seeing the attention to detail he puts into his tools is inspiring.
I also liked seeing his descriptions of his experiences with the Archangels. He's the kind of magician who has to see the spirits in all their glory to feel like he's getting the results the grimoires promise. It's neat to see the parallels, the similarities, and the differences in how they manifest when we conjure them. It's definitely a good resource for magicians using this system.
Thursday, May 23, 2013
And yea, we were taken aback for a moment, cringing at the sheer stupidity of all we surveyed.
And then we laughed.
For Her Prophets had been upon the Earth, and they did spread her Wisdom far and wide. All humans with an internet connection had access to Her TRVTH:
Nothing is real, all is permitted!
Aye, the world is fucked, but it is perfectly fucked, and it is fucked in ways that are only fucked if you play the game. Find ye the Cracks in the Pavement, the Methods to the Madness; look ye for the Loophole, and ye shall find it!
Lo, there is a crack in everything.
(That's how the light gets in.)
So upon this most auspicious day, read the ancient mystic code and rejoice! For though it be fucked and chaos spread from horizon to horizon, it was given in whole, not in part, unto The Prettiest One, that Thou mayest make of it what ye Will!
23! 23/23 Kallixti!
I've mentioned my Erisian roots on the olde blogge before, but I've gotten a few more readers lately, so I figured I should give y'all fair warning:
It gets a little crazy sometimes in these parts.
Eris is the Greek goddess of Chaos. She wasn't invited to a party with the other gods because she had a reputation for starting trouble. This is the doctrine of the Original Snub.
Of course she showed up anyway, and she brought a single golden apple. The kind that all the gods are always after, the really good ones that are like god-catnip, the kind everyone has to have for themselves. (Some suggest it was Acapulco gold rather than metallic gold, but I wasn't there.) She engraved upon the apple the word "Kallixti" which is Greek for "To the Prettiest!"
All the goddesses argued over it, saying it was obviously for her, since she was the prettiest. It came down to Hera, Aphrodite, and Athena, if I remember right. They asked Zeus to judge who the prettiest was, and he was like, "Fuck that shit. Let's get Paris to do it," and they tapped that poor schmuck to judge the fairest goddess.
They explained the situation, and gave him some time to think about it. While he thought about it, the goddesses all sought him out and tried to bribe him. Hera offered to make him a great King, Athena offered to make him a mighty Warrior, and Aphrodite offered him the love of the prettiest woman in the world, one Helen of Troy. Paris picked Aphrodite, of course, and Aphrodite brought he and Helen together.
Which pissed off her husband Menelaus, and then... well... the Trojan War.
She was the archetype of Maleficent in Sleeping Beauty, and then in more modern times Eris has shown up in various cartoons and other Disney films, I believe. Between Maleficent and these modern appearances though, she was ... uh, "worshipped" in by Kerry Thornley, Greg Hill, and Robert Anton Wilson. They recorded the Principia Discordia, a text all good magi must read, for verily does it contain more truth than that fucking Kybalion. These gents, and Robert Shea, created a corpus of works that explored her essence, personality, and the forces she represents in the modern age.
(You must read the Illuminatus! trilogy by Roberts Anton Wilson and Shea to truly understand a lot of weird shit that makes sense of most of the things.
Most of 'em.)
I was an Erisian, not a Discordian. The Discordians were a silly lot. Erisian Mystics like myself were after Her essence, not Her form, and the few of us I have met all incorporated the gnosis of the pure malleablility of chaos underlying all reality in ways few other magicians understand.
The numeric phrase 23: 23/23 Kallisti holds a great mystery for those who are willing to pass through the nuclear gate of their own stars and journey "outside the ordered universe[to] that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes."
In it we find that yes, the world is chaotic, yes, it is broken, ill, diseased in places and times... yet still, it is One thing, perfect and pure and infinitely malleable. It skips and hops for the pleasure of the Eye of the Prettiest One. It is a gift, fragrant, crisp and resistant against the teeth at first, but then yielding with a snap and filling your mouth with a burst of sweet pleasure unlike any other. It is made for you, by you, so that you have something to do.
And whatever that may be is entirely up to you.
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Sunday, May 05, 2013
Someone mentioned I haven't blogged for a while. So here's an excerpt from a day in the life of R.O. ...
0) When I entered into the cave, I received the tablet zaradi, which was inscribed, from between the hands of Hermes, in which I discovered these words:
1) True, without falsehood, certain, most certain.
2) What is above is like what is below, and what is below is like that which is above. To make the miracle of the one thing.
3) And as all things were made from contemplation of one, so all things were born from one adaptation.
4) Its father is the Sun, its mother is the Moon.
5) The wind carried it in its womb, the earth breast fed it.
6) It is the father of all ‘works of wonder' (Telesmi) in the world.
6a) Its power is complete (integra).
7) If cast to (turned towards- versa fuerit) earth,
7a) it will separate earth from fire, the subtile from the gross.
8) With great capacity it ascends from earth to heaven. Again it descends to earth, and takes back the power of the above and the below.
9) Thus you will receive the glory of the distinctiveness of the world. All obscurity will flee from you.
10) This is the whole most strong strength of all strength, for it overcomes all subtle things, and penetrates all solid things.
11a) Thus was the world created.
12) From this comes marvelous adaptions of which this is the proceedure.
13) Therefore I am called Hermes, because I have three parts of the wisdom of the whole world.
14) And complete is what I had to say about the work of the Sun, from the book of Galieni Alfachimi.
Today I woke up thinking about talismans. Emerald tablet talismans. I thought it would be cool to come up with something that was lunar and solar and represented the great work.
So we made silver talismans tonight on a solar day in a lunar hour. We had a lump of silver from a one-ounce coin we had melted before. We melted some into lumps, then heat them and beat them with hammers until they were disc shaped. Then we engraved them with a dremel tool.
We put the image of the sun in the topmost triangle and the image of the moon in the lower one. We placed the elemental signs in the remaining four triangles and a Hebrew Samekh in the center. We consecrated them and placed them on our altar.
I think the symbolism is pretty apparent. It's not a traditional talisman, and it's not particularly astrological. It's simply something that reflects the thing we do. Ascend, descend, generate.
I'm going to wear mine, I think. It's not high art, or lost wax casting. It's primitive, and raw, and it is all mine. I like it because it is totally about what we do, and why we do it. It is simply magical, for its own sake.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
|Try New and Improved Red Stone!|
It's a magical wonder, a panacea that brings healing, peace, and wholeness to us... wherever we may be. It extends life, it restores youth, it calms passions and cleanses apathy!
- Got a Sickness?
- The world's greatest diseases... escaped!
- Driven Away!
- Driven Away!
- Evil and hurtful things?
- Also Driven Away!
- Feeling lost in the Dark?
- The Red Stone leads to the Light!
- Feeling set about on all sides in a desert wilderness?
- The Red Stone leads to a Secure Habitation!
- Plain old fashioned Poverty got you down?
- The Red Stone brings a free and ample fortune!
|Sing the rapturous love-song unto me! Burn to me perfumes! Wear to me jewels! Drink to me, for I love you! I love you!|
* This, O Son, is the concealed stone of many colours, which is born and brought forth in one colour; know this and conceal it. By this, the Almighty favouring, the greatest diseases are escaped, and every sorrow, distress, and evil and hurtful thing is made to depart; for it leads from darkness into light, from this desert wilderness to a secure habitation, and from poverty and straits to a free and ample fortune. - The Golden Tractate of Hermes Trismegistus